|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
|Voiced by||Yui Toita|
|Monster Species||Tropical Mermaid|
Rui is a Tropical Mermaid that appears in Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Online.
Skills and TraitsEdit
- Marine Biology: Since Rui has spent most of her life living in water she is familiar with many different types of marine life. However, her knowledge is not perfect when it comes to organisms that are not fish.
- Tropical Mermaid Physiology:
- Amphibious: As a mermaid, Rui possesses gills on the side of her torso, which allow her to breathe water. However, if she breathes chlorinated water it can be dangerous for her health. As long as her gills remain moist (which is easy because of her slimy skin) she can breathe on land.
- Cold Resistance: Because mermaids' natural homes at the bottom of the ocean are very cold, Rui is naturally resistant against cold water and air. However, Rui is not totally immune to cold weather as temperatures below freezing will cause her discomfort.
- Mermaid Tail: Because of her fish tail, Rui is naturally an expert swimmer. Her tail is strong enough that it can propel her several meters out of the water. She can swim at a speed of 50km/h. A powerful mass of muscle, it can knock people out cold in one strike.
- Slimy Skin: Her body naturally secretes a slimy substance to keep her skin moist. Because of this, she has to wear special clothing that doesn't easily slide off. If not properly clothed in cold weather, the coating will cause her to freeze quite quickly.
- Water Sensing: Rui is somehow capable of sensing water from great distances, and quite possibly the water inside living creatures as well, since she had Kurusu avoid the escorts that were pursuing her without Kurusu noticing.
- Swimming: Since she is part fish swimming is as natural as breathing for Rui. In fact, since she has gills swimming does indeed play a role in her natural breathing. She is able to out perform Olympic class swimmers as she has incredible stamina, and can reach speeds of 50 kilometes per hour when in the water. She is also capable of propelling herself out of the water and high into the air so she may do tricks and flips.
- Main article: Mermaid
Tropical Mermaids are a rare subspecies of Mermaid found within tropical waters, usually near or within coral reefs. Capable of living in both fresh and salt waters, Tropical Mermaids are a minority race amongst the Mer-races but are widely famed for they're beauty. The majority seem to lead pampered lifestyles because of this.
- Rui is another name for the Rohu fish.
- Rui is the first girl to receive an alternative version that has BOTH the same rarity and type as the original.