|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
Nana (ナナ) is a Rokurokubi that appears in Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Online.
Skills and TraitsEdit
- Rokurokubi Physiology:
The rokurokubi (ろくろ首, 轆轤首) is a type of Japanese yōkai (apparition). They look almost completely like humans, with one major difference. There are two types of Rokurokubi: one whose necks stretch, and one whose heads come off and fly around freely (nukekubi). The Rokurokubi appear in classical kaidan (spirit tales) and in yōkai works. It has been suggested, however, that the idea of rokurokubi may have been created purely for entertainment purposes rather than originating from any folk beliefs or legends.
- Nana means Grandmother in most countries.
- Nana is also the Japanese word for the number seven (七 Nana?), while Roku means six.
- Seven is also reference to the number of vertebrae in the neck of the human skeletal system and many other animal species.
- It is also noted that the giraffe, despite its' neck length, it also has seven vertebrae, albeit each are 10 inches long.
- The only species of animal that has more vertebrae in it's neck are owls, with 14 bones, 7 more than the rest, so it can turn its neck 270 degrees.