|Gallery | Quotes | Relationship|
|Nickname||Kyūri (キューリ, lit. cucumber)|
Coolie (in fan translation)
|Height||162 cm (5'4")|
|Weight||38 kg (84 lbs)|
|Relatives||Wladislaus Drakulya (father)|
Kyuri has the appearance of a thin girl with light colored hair, pointy ears, and she has heavy shadows under her eyes.
As a Vampire, her most noticeable physical traits are her large bat-like wings in lieu of arms, her clawed feet, and slit pupils.
As opposed to most of her kind, Kyuri does not like dark enclosed spaces, is afraid of heights, and has an aversion to blood. However, during nightfall, her personality changes and she becomes extremely dangerous and bloodthirsty. This is due to her father's spirit possessing her.
Skills & Traits Edit
- Vampire Physiology:
- Night Vision: Due to being a nocturnal species who generally hunt during the night, Vampires have excellent night vision.
- Flight: Similar to Harpies, instead of hands Kyuri has large, bat like wings. She has enough strength in them to glide or fly.
- Blood Sucking: As a Vampire, her digestive system is underdeveloped and can only digest liquids. She therefore has to drink blood for nourishment.
- Weakness: As a Vampire, Kyuri is sensitive to sunlight and UV light, and is allergic to garlic and silver.
- Locket : Kyuri owns a locket with a portrait of her with her father inside of it. This locket was destroyed when Centorea unknowingly stepped on it after Kyuri was freed from her father's possession.
- Fake hands: To mask her appearance in public, Kyuri wears fake hands over her wings.
Kyuri's mother died when she was still young, causing her to be raised by her father, Wladislaus. Due to the fact that the Vampire race was slowly nearing extinction, Wladislaus tried to raise Kyuri to continue their legacy. However, because Kyuri's phobias of blood, heights, bats, and coffins, Wladislaus' efforts to make Kyuri a "true" Vampire were in vain.
Extremely disappointed in his daughter, Wladislaus eventually died. However, instead of moving on, his spirit possessed Kyuri, and caused her to become extremely bloodthirsty every night when he took control. While Kyuri was aware of the possession, she was unable to do anything about it.
The Vampire (吸血鬼) is a humanoid species that is famed in mythology for their aversion to sunlight and their possession of fangs for sucking the blood of other beings.
Due to their natural diet of blood, Vampires were considered predatory and associated as Devils until around the early 18th-century in southeastern Europe when they were first identified as their own species by human culture. As humans seemed to be their primary prey, Vampires were considered to be evil beings amongst the human populace and were greatly feared for their ability to lure their prey into being fed upon and their ability to turn "normal beings" into vampires thanks to a "Vampire Virus" that is transmitted via their bite in a similar manner to Zombies.
Although some facts are true to a degree, the traits of the vampire species has been exaggerated over time due to fear-fuelled myths and folklore. Actively hunted into modern time by their once-prey, Vampires now exist in near extinction.
- Papi finds and returns Kyuri's locket for her when she drops it.
- Kyuri's name, like most other characters, is a pun derived from her species' name, in this case, the Japanese word for "Vampire" (吸血鬼 Kyūketsuki?), with "Ki" being swapped with "Ri".
- A vampire will often attempt to coerce their prey into a state where their heart is beating rapidly and strongly to push blood in greater amounts through their body as this means that, when a vampire bites into an artery, the prey's blood will flow quicker into their predator's mouth and in greater quantities than if they were of normal temperament. While there are many emotional states that enable this, most vampires seem to favour eliciting fear in their prey or inducing their prey into extreme sexual arousal, with the latter emotional state having the added benefit of the prey willingly letting them near their aroused body on the presumption that they are about to mate with the predator.